Are you a self-motivated, passionate and organised communicator?
The Youth Climate Justice Fund (YCJF) is seeking a talented and passionate Operations and Finance Associate to join our team. As the Operations and Finance Associate, you will play a key role in supporting the smooth running of YCJF’s core operations functions. Taking up the position, you will be supporting essential areas of work such as the administrative, financial, and general operating support of the organization.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a keen interest in building a career in the Operations/Administration area within the civil society sector and who is committed to advocate for equitable climate action globally.
The Youth Climate Justice Fund (YCJF) supports youth climate justice movements with trust-based funding, resources and youth-to-youth capacity development. The YCJF is fiscally sponsored in the United-States. The YCJF was publicly launched during NY Climate Week 2023. In September 2023, we launched our first grantmaking call, receiving more than 1,800 applications from all over the world. In 2023, we supported 40 groups working on climate justice with an initial $500.000.
Remote position, preferably in the Global South.
USD155 per day - minimum of 3 days per week (7hrs) + benefits.
Ideally on the 11th of March.
Position on a consultant contract basis. The contract will be made via our fiscal sponsor, based in NY, on behalf of the Youth Climate Justice Fund.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct assistance to the Operations and Administration Manager in YCJF’s operational and administrative matters. Be second-in-command in their absence.
- Help in the implementation of the YCJF Compensation & HR Policy: contract drafting, vendors.
- Supporting the administrative processing of the grants: uploading them on the grants management platform, checking payments, following-up on any emerging issues. Carry out and assist in the grantees onboarding: contact, collection of documents, and uploading of the requested information in our Grants Management Platform.
- Assist in keeping our grantees/grants databases updated and accurate in order to provide in time and correct reports when needed.
- Analyse all operations procedures currently in place and forward suggestions for its improvement.
- Support the organization of the YCJF enquiries through our website.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the YCJF annual financial strategy; including updating our internal budgeting (when needed), tracking any potential risks, submitting expenses reports, and collaborating in the delivery of financial statements when required (by other YCJF Teams or other partners).
- Process payments and invoices timely through our expense management platform. Ensure the correct storage of receipts and its retrievability.
- Keep track of our Fiscal Sponsor Annual Calendar and Operational End Dates so as the YCJF Directors and Managers can plan accordingly.
- Supporting financial reporting to donors and funders.
- Support during events planning: coordination with venues, vendors, purchase of accommodation, flight tickets, catering, among other tasks.
- Provide support to the YCJF Team in the scheduling of meetings (internal and external) and taking minutes.
- Proven experience in administration, finance, and/or project management.
- Knowledge of office and accounting management systems and procedures.
- Strong skills in Excel.
- Experience in solving administrative problems.
- Experience in strategic financial planning is a plus.
- Good critical thinking skills and ability to analyse operations problems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sound organisational abilities and initiative to proactively manage work, especially around time management.
- Self-motivated and self-accountable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in English language. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Ability to work across and with different cultures.
- Passion, motivation and dedication to climate justice principles.
- Kindness and caring for others as core values for the team working spirit.
We are committed to build a workplace and Team where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritised. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply.
If interested, please upload your CV and a cover letter ➡️ in this form ⬅️. We will be receiving applications until the 21st of February of 2024. 🌸🌼
We appreciate the interest of all applicants in this position. Sadly, due to capacity constraints and small team, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Regrettably, we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants. Thank you for your understanding, and we value the time and effort you’ve invested in your application.