Last Updated – 16th of August 2023
What personal information do we collect from you?
We collect different types of personal information. This includes: how to contact you (name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number), IP address, and other related data.
How do we collect it?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you provide it to us:
- When you sign up for our newsletter, to request material, further information or other services.
- When you report a problem with our website or contact us for any other purpose.
- We also use automatic data collection technologies that collect data from and about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns.
How do we use this information?
The information we collect automatically is statistical data we may use to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Below, we set some of the main purposes:
- To present our website and its contents to you in a more effective way.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us (with your consent).
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To contact you about events, convenings and information that may be of interest to you (with your consent).
What is the legal basis for collecting and using your personal information?
YCJF is required under EU and UK data protection law to identify a legal basis for using your personal information. For this reason, we will only collect your personal data when you provide your consent to do so. That consent forms the legal basis needed and you are entitled to withdraw it at any time.
What are your rights with respect to your personal information?
Since our processing of your personal information is subject to EU and UK data protection law, you have a number of rights. These include:
- To ask us not to process your personal information, including where YCJF is using it for direct marketing purposes.
- To receive a copy of all your personal information held by YCJF.
- To ask us to correct any errors in your personal information.
- To ask us to delete your personal information.
- To withdraw your consent where you have provided it for YCJF’s collection or use of your personal information for a specific purpose, subject to certain conditions.
If you want to delete your personal information from our system and no longer wish to receive communications from us you can do so at any time by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter email we have sent to you.
- Or sending an email to email@example.com informing us that you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. After that, it will be deleted.
Please note that, if you request to receive no further contact from us, we will keep some basic information about you on our “do not contact list” in order to comply with your request and avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future.
Changes to Our Policy
We may revise and update this Policy from time to time at our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them and apply to all access to and use of the website and handling of your personal information thereafter. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.